By completion of the course the students should be able to
1. Construct algorithms for solving simple problems.
2. Write a programing code that implements algorithms for solving simple
3. Analyze and explain the behavior of simple programs involving the
fundamental programming constructs.
4. Identify and describe uses of Python built-in data types and functions.
5. Write programs that use Python built-in data types and functions.
6. Apply appropriate conditional and iteration constructs for a given
7. Write and/or modify short programs that use standard conditional
8. Write programs that use standard iterative control structure.
9. Write programs that use functions.
10. Trace the execution of a variety of code segments and write summaries of
11. Identify common coding errors and apply strategies for avoiding such
12. Apply a variety of strategies to the testing and debugging of simple
13. Use of an appropriate IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to create,
compile and run a program developed by the selected programing language.